Robinson Hill (RH) is a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality food service. RH is a Chicago leader in the hospitality industry for some of the nation’s premier airport, universities and entertainments centers. We are notorious for providing our customers with personal, gracious and professional service.
We are seeking a reputable Catering Sales Manager to develop our catering and special events business for our multi-faceted locations. The ideal candidate will share in our belief in the quality value of delivering superior hospitality experience to our customers.
The job duties will include involvement in all aspects of events and catering projects and activities assigned to increase relationships, revenue and the customer experience.
• Generation of new catering and special events business in the corporate market.
• Responsible for the sales, marketing and promotion of all catering events, functions and activities, ensuring that all customer expectations are exceeded.
• Involvement in all aspects of event and catering functions including office events and seasonal parties.
• Keep CEO and staff aware of functions, changes and expectations, through clear and frequent communication.
• Works with brands to determine selling prices for catered events; oversees the development of contracts / agreements.
• Help develop catering sales budgets; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong knowledge and interest in the food industry.
• Proven ability to develop new business; must have the desire to network, cold call and meet with prospects.
• At least 2 -4 years of experience in the hospitality industry including supervisory skills.
• Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent human relations skills, with a talent for motivating staff and members.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Computer literate, possessing skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to function under pressure, set priorities and adjust to changing conditions.
• High work ethic, with sense of responsibility for the role filled within our team.
• Professional appearance with a pleasant and mature demeanor
• Willing to be flexible in regards to hours and personal schedule, based on demands of business.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.