Chief Financial Officer
April 1, 2019
Click Here to Apply Now!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements a “best practices” philosophy and process for all accounting, treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, real estate, long range forecasting, and insurance functions.
- Studies management methods in order to simplify reporting procedures and implement cost reductions.
- Issues and interprets operating policies.
- Evaluates insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects the Company’s prospects for future growth.
- Works with executive management to estimate requirements for capital, land, buildings, and workforce increases.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. (Controller)
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with federal and state corporate, payroll, sales and other applicable taxes.
- Oversees Company interaction with outside auditors and other professional service consultants. (Controller)
- Oversees all accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance, billing and payroll. (Controller)
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e. evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, introduction of strategies and regulatory action.
- Reviews reports to analyze and communicate:
- Projections of sales and profit against actual figures.
- Budgeted expenses against final totals.
- Methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Directs all financial reporting, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and other financial information for executive management.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly Profit & Loss statements.
- Provides annual reporting, including PPM’s.
- Oversees all banking including: (Controller)
- Monitoring the Company’s bank balance.
- Ensuring adequate balances maintained to meet the Company’s obligations.
- Identifies bank account requirements.
- Evaluates and implements bank services, such as lines of credit.
- Considers liquidity requirements, analyzes risk and return characteristics of potential investments, and directs investment decisions based on those factors.
- Identifies operational issues that will impact capital structure.
- Performs due diligence duties for pending transactions.
- Directs the budgeting and strategic planning processes.
Technical Requirements – Education, Areas of Knowledge and Experience:
- An experienced leader and financial executive with 10-15 years’ industry experience.
- Must possess minimum of 7 years in management experience with increasing supervisory responsibilities in accounting and finance.
- Good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Organized and self-directed individual who has “political savvy” and is a team player.
- Strong familiarity with business and POS software systems. Must be able to analyze and understand the potential effectiveness of computer technology investments and make sound and economical purchasing decisions.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in latest business office software. Incumbent should have a solid understanding of latest computer technology and networking. Expected to create and modify complex Excel spreadsheets for the purpose of reporting and analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Directly supervises ____ employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Robinson Hill Core Values:
Robinson Hill is a group of caring professionals committed to the common goal of creating WOW expeRHiences – for our guests and for each other through our hard work and commitment to excellence. We can achieve this by living our values; leading with our values; and caring for our values.
- We deliver Excellence by creating WOW expeRHiences for our team and customers.
- We are resourceful and smart in how we allocate our time, resources and energy.
- We possess positive, Yes We Can, Get-it-Done attitudes.
- We thrive by making people and places better than we found them.
- We are leaders by example.
- We are courageous and have high ethical standards.
- Integrity is key: we say what we do, we do what we say.
- We use best practices, always.
- We respect each other.
- We respect our customers.
- We do not put ourselves above other people, we are all valued.
- We do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- We keep our word to ourselves and honor our word to others. We are our words. Our words create our world.
- We combine Integrity and action to create meaningful results.
- We are known to be people of integrity. We are honest. We are on time.
- We are accountable, never blaming others for our mistakes.
- We are always better than others expect.
- We have the courage to meet the demands of reality.
- We contribute to our community whenever we can. We volunteer.
- We are good neighbors and citizens.
- We help and support each other.
- We lift each other with support, respect, and kindness.
- We conserve and act responsibly with resources.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.