Summary of Position:
The purpose of the General Manager/Store Manager is to provide customers with Robinson Hill’s “delighting guests, one experience at a time” service by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
General Manager/Store Manager
Team Members, including Shift Leader/Managers and Assistant General/Store Manager
April 1, 2019
Click Here to Apply Now!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed budgets for Sales, Cost of Goods (COG), Cost of Labor (COL) and Manager Controllables.
- Lead team to create a culture in their restaurant that fosters team development and projects the values of the company with the ultimate responsibility of safeguarding the financial success of Robinson Hill operations.
- Operate the restaurant to RH’s standards for food quality, guest service, and cleanliness.
- Accurately orders food and beverage to guarantee stock on hand while minimizing waste/excess product.
- Receives product according to procedures, handling any returns and communicating price or quality issues to the vendor.
- Works directly with outside facilities vendors to ensure all equipment is operating to standard.
- Conducts accurate and timely inventory. Maintains an overall inventory awareness.
- Ensures RH’s food safety and workplace safety standards are practiced and adhered to.
- Constructs weekly schedules and daily deployment to meet budgeted labor targets and business flow.
- Trains and develops Managers and Team Members.
- Implements and executes the Robinson Hill Dream Team program.
- Performs coaching by conducting monthly 1-on-1’s with all managers and supervisors.
- Creates a positive teamwork environment by promoting high morale and encouraging Team involvement.
- Manages and attains all sales and financial targets for food, labor and controllable costs.
- Handles customer comments and complaints within 24 hours.
- Be physically able to work a 10-12-hour day while on feet.
- Meet minimum 45-50 hours’ workweek expectation.
- Be on call at all times.
- Work peak hours and cover shifts as needed.
- Available for occasional travel.
- Availability in the early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Technical Requirements – Education, Areas of Knowledge and Experience:
- Read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or related discipline preferred.
- Previous restaurant experience of at least 2 years at the GM Level.
- Minimum of four years’ multi-unit restaurant experience and/or airport concession management experience.
- Strong POS and POS analytic experience.
- Drives sales and profitability.
- Pass required background check and drug test, including TSA clearance, if applicable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Robinson Hill Core Values:
Robinson Hill is a group of caring professionals committed to the common goal of creating WOW expeRHiences – for our guests and for each other through our hard work and commitment to excellence. We can achieve this by living our values; leading with our values; and caring for our values.
- We deliver Excellence by creating WOW expeRHiences for our team and customers.
- We are resourceful and smart in how we allocate our time, resources and energy.
- We possess positive, Yes We Can, Get-it-Done attitudes.
- We thrive by making people and places better than we found them.
- We are leaders by example.
- We are courageous and have high ethical standards.
- Integrity is key: we say what we do, we do what we say.
- We use best practices, always.
- We respect each other.
- We respect our customers.
- We do not put ourselves above other people, we are all valued.
- We do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- We keep our word to ourselves and honor our word to others. We are our words. Our words create our world.
- We combine Integrity and action to create meaningful results.
- We are known to be people of integrity. We are honest. We are on time.
- We are accountable, never blaming others for our mistakes.
- We are always better than others expect.
- We have the courage to meet the demands of reality.
- We contribute to our community whenever we can. We volunteer.
- We are good neighbors and citizens.
- We help and support each other.
- We lift each other with support, respect, and kindness.
- We conserve and act responsibly with resources.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities for this job, nor is it intended to be an exhaustive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended to describe the general nature of the job. Employees may, from time to time and on an as-needed basis, be required to perform duties outside of the responsibilities listed here.